Thursday, September 14, 2017

Show and Tell

I was substitute teaching in a grade 3 classroom and the teacher in this room has about 5 children bring in stuff for show and tell each day (she had a schedule by her board as to who brought in on Monday, Tuesday, etc).  I was told I could go in any order with the students and if they didn't have anything to share they would pass.

So the first student shares what he or she brought in a couple of them pass and then I get to Tommy.

Tommy is excited to share whatever it is he brought and I mean SUPER excited.

He runs to his bag and pulls out what he brought and scampers back to the carpet where everyone is anxiously waiting for what he brought.

And what did he bring you ask?

A pill sorter.

Yup, Tommy was excited to share with the rest of the class that he had a new pill sorter.  It was colourful... I think each day was a different colour so it had that going for it.... but it was still a pill sorter.

Was he using it as a pill sorter?  I haven't a hot clue... for some reason it didn't come up what he was using it for.

Anywho, perhaps I shouldn't be too harsh on him for loving his pill sorter... I mean... when I was his age I was happy to get one of those little "tables" from a box of pizza to use in my Barbie house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...