Saturday, January 20, 2018

This Week At School

I had been back at school for just one full week and over the weekend I started to get the sniffles. Because I already had Monday and Tuesday booked I decided I would get through those days and then reevaluate how sick I was and if I could handle going in the rest of the week.

My week in for the teacher that I was subbing for last week needed me for one more day. I knew this on the previous Friday so I quickly sat down and planned an art lesson on snowflakes (you'll see it coming up on the blog soon) and figured that would likely occupy most of the day (they had library first thing, a double period of math that I decided I would take them to the computer lab for, and a double period of choir that I didn't need to worry about).

Snowflake art with a haiku

Tuesday I was at the colony and I knew there would likely be soup for lunch which got me through to at least lunch. I also knew the class sizes would be about half the size of my class on Monday and a lot quieter... so there were a lot of things that helped. 

I finished off the week feeling a lot better and back in for the teacher with no plan only this time there was a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...