Monday, January 29, 2018

Fire Drill

Well folks we had it the other week... the first fire drill of 2018.  This is pretty unheard of in Manitoba where the average temperature for January is  -16°C (that's +4 for you Americans).  But on this particular day it was a balmy +2 outside so I guess they took advantage of the nice winter day to have a winter fire drill.

Sidenote:  You know what I always appreciate as a substitute teacher.  Being informed of things like this.  On the day this fire drill was happening and everyone else got an email about it one of the teachers took the minute to come and tell me it was happening, when it was happening, and where my students would line up.

Luckily, it was just a drill as I've been in situations in the dead of winter where it has not been a drill and it's been freezing outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...