Saturday, March 10, 2018

This Week At School

Well it happened folks... our first major snowfall of the season happened!... and here we were beginning to think that maybe we might just get by without one.  This meant that Monday morning if the division you subbed in wasn't closed you were getting some phone calls.

Luckily for me 2 of the divisions I work for were closed... unfortunately that's only half of the divisions I work for which meant 2 of them (the 2 I work for inside the city) were open (but the 2 that were inside the city both didn't have buses operating).  Anyways, I already had a half day booked in advance for one of the city divisions and thankfully it was for the afternoon because I don't think I would have made it on time otherwise.  My phone did apparently ring in the morning but I was too busy helping my husband shovel off the driveway and part of the road so he could get a running start before his tires would hit the rest of the snow.

Anywho, Tuesday also ended up being a snow day in the division I was supposed to work in which was fine by me since something had come up that needed to get done that afternoon.  But then it was business as usual for the remainder of the week.

At one of the schools I was at this week someone in the community had passed away the previous night.  The person had been sick for a while and was old and was not a part of the school but being that some of the schools I go to are part of a very small community the death would have impacted a lot of the students.  Needless to say there was a lot of talk about death, what happens, why they turn white, etc. that day.

I saw these little guys on top of a teachers white board this week....


I should have asked what the story behind them was but I didn't get to it that day.

2 more weeks until spring break folks (that means 10 more potential working days and I've already got jobs booked on 6 of those days)... the count down is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...