Saturday, May 12, 2018

This Week At School

Another week in Mrs. B's grade 7 ELA class...

We had our first TUSC meeting.  When the chairperson asked who wasn't prepared about 5 people stood up.  Honestly, I was expecting more and a couple of them really apologized to me in private about it so I'll take it.  If this coming week we could only have about 2 people stand up that would be wonderful.

We watched a video about Harriet Tubman and almost got through it all.  I think we have about 10 or 15 minutes left.  The nice thing about this video is that despite it being in black and white and hard to follow the kids actually sat quietly today to watch it!.. I mean I even left the room a couple of times to check on students that couldn't sit quietly in the room.  So that's a success!

We are past the halfway point in Underground to Canada.  I'm really hoping that by the end of this next week we will maybe have a couple of chapters left.

In the other classes I help out in we played some battleship to help with coordinate pairs.  That brought back some fond memories of when I taught grade 5/6 and my students loved making coordinate pairs pictures at the end of the year. 

Anyways, the teacher had printed off some blank battleship pages and stuck them inside these dry erase folder type things which works WAY BETTER than just using a page protector.

Other than that I guess I just survived another week teaching middle school!

Oh, and the Jets won the series against Nashville so I finally got myself a white Jets shirt so I can be ready for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's whiteout at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...