Sunday, November 01, 2015

Very Important Questions Students Ask

1) What’s your name?
2) What’s your first name?
3) No really, what is your first name?
4) Where do you live?
5) How old are you?
6) Do you have any pets?
7) Are you married?
8) When is your birthday?
9) Do you get paid to be here?
10) Are you wearing a skirt or a dress?

Yes, it’s true… I’ve been asked each and every one of these questions (many on a regular basis). 

I’ll admit that the last question I’ve only been asked once (that I can recall at least). I guess 2 of the girls in my class were having a very important discussion on as to whether I was wearing a dress or a skirt. Each one insisting that she was right (in the most quiet way ever because I had no idea this was going on). When suddenly one of their hands goes up and they ask their very important question “Ms. Penner, are you wearing a dress or a skirt?” I told them it was a dress (though I could definitely see how it could appear to be a skirt/shirt combo) and solved another one of their burning questions.

#9 I'm assuming was because we had been having so much fun in class that day that the student that asked me if I got paid to be there just couldn't understand how someone would get paid to have fun!  Psst... we were playing Snake and doing Go Noodle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...