Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Meet the Teacher Linky

Today I'm linking up with Falling into First for her Meet the Teacher linky party


As many of you know my name is Christine and this year I'll be teaching a grade 5/6 split class (or I will be teaching them until April for sure).  Last year I taught grades 4, 5, and 8 (all single grade classes) so I'm looking forward to a year with one less grade to teach!  Previous to this I did a lot of substitute teaching and I travelled across Canada with a ministry team. 



These are a few of my favourite things:

Long walks, runs, cookies, my friends and family, girl time (and alone time), reading, Modern Family (and the New Girl and the first 3 or so seasons of The Office), and the Lord.

If you weren't a teacher what would you want to be?
I had it in my head a couple of years ago that I should return to school to go into journalism.  I've kind of thought I was a decent writer but I also thought I might have a face for reading the news.  Then I took a year off from substitute teaching to join a traveling ministry team and started my blog instead of going back to school.

Three little words that describe you:

patient, creative, funny

Finish the sentence "_________, said no teacher ever!!"

'I love writing report card comments, said no teacher ever!!"

It's your birthday and you can invite anyone (dead or alive) to the party.  

Who are you inviting?

This is a tricky one.
I think I might want a band of some kind there.. but I'm blanking on one that I'm really into so I guess I'll go with Michael Buble.  
I would also invite all my friends and family.
Lame?
What can I say... I'm a simple kind of girl.

If someone wrote a book about your life, what would be the title?

Confessions of a Modern Day Mennonite
I've always thought my first blog title was a catchy little thing.

You get to pick one superpower, what is it?

I've always thought it would be handy to fly... think of all the time you could save!
sidenote:  I've noticed others have said teleportation which I think MIGHT be better but I'm a little confused as to how it works... can you teleport yourself anywhere or is there some kind of teleportation machine involved and you can only teleport to those places?  I mean... it seems handy in winter because who wants to fly in the -50 weather we have up here!?!

What's your favourite quote or saying?

Ugh, I hate this question.
When I was with the ministry team I felt forced to have a favourite bible verse so I just picked one.. when in reality I have so many favourites.  BUT I just heard this one the other day and I immediately liked it
"You are altogether beautiful my darling, there is no flaw in you"
- Song of Songs 4:7

Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Definitely a morning person. 
(I can stay up late now that it is summer but during the year... not a chance).

Share something we might not know about you:

I don't like watermelon (or any kind of melon for that matter), raspberries, or beans.
Also, just in case you haven't figured it out... I'm Canadian.





3 comments:

  1. I loved reading about you!
    I am your newest follower!
    Tales from a Very Busy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like melons of any kind, either!!! I also love the verse you picked out. I have a hard time determining my favorite verse, too. I love all of Psalm 139 and Isaiah 40. I also really like Psalm 126:3--"The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy." It reminds me of all the things God has helped me overcome to bring me to this place in life where I feel truly blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. Psalm 139 has a special place in my heart as well. A couple of years ago I worked for a ministry that revolved around that chapter.... it's a good one!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...