Friday, December 11, 2015

Five Games to Play in the Classroom

Need to fill 5 minutes of extra time?  Or maybe 20 minutes?  Here are 5 ideas for games you can play in your classroom!


Today I'm linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching for another Five for Friday post

1.

Great for grades K-4.  Any students that I've used it with in these grades have LOVED it!

2.  

It will keep them quiet and they get to throw around a little and soft ball in the classroom!

3.

They get to draw (and write) and laugh about the progression that it all takes!

4.

The kids will practice math facts with this game!

5.

For whatever reason kids LOVE this game.  Warning: it will get loud and you will always have at least one student that never wants to go out.  But they love it!  I've used it where you add the dice and multiply the dice.

Know any other really great and easy games to play in the classroom? 
Post about them below!

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of snake, will have to check that out. My kids have always loved playing sparkle with spelling or sight words. They will even do it at recess.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I have being playing Silent Toss in my classroom for 30 years! Seriously. The first class I ever had taught me that game and I still play it and kids love it. Variations I try are that kids have to catch with only one hand, they have to bounce the ball and then catch it, bounce the ball and clap two times and then catch it......I just keep adding harder and harder things until someone wins! Have a great Christmas!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great variations! I always did standing on one foot, playing like you have t-rex arms (so the elbows have to stay against your body), and having to throw it within 3 seconds.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...