Sunday, December 13, 2015

This Week At School

In all my years of teaching (and substitute teaching) this has never happened to me and let me tell you when I read about it in the sub plan I was pretty excited. For the first time ever, I had a STUDENT TEACHER! Want to know the best part? He was in his final year and basically ran the show. Did I sit there all day with my feet up? Not quite… it was grade 2 and there is always something to do or someone to help in that grade. But it was a nice way to start off the week (yes, I was lucky enough to score such a day on a Monday). It was a good day.

At the end of the day the student teacher gave the students the option of writing, drawing, or reading and one of the students wasn’t sure what to do… what was my suggestion? I suggested she write a book about her favourite substitute. It’s always a risk doing this because they could tell you all about another one of their favourite substitutes (yes, this has also happened before… apparently I can’t top a substitute that does magic tricks). She started to show me her book at the end of the day… I didn’t get a picture of it but she showed me a page that said “my substitute teacher is beautiful” *insert a hair flip picture here* no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...