Saturday, May 11, 2019

This Week At School

This week at school I...

- Was in a new to me school (and I left my number for a couple of the teachers there so hopefully I'll be booking more days there soon)!

- Took some students outside for some extra gym time. The weather is FINALLY starting to hit highs in the double digits (we've been unseasonably cold lately) and we have to take advantage of this nice weather!

- Did some painting of a tea pot for a Mother's Day tea at the school of just 9 kids... it was a lovely way to spend an afternoon "working"

- Played some Snake 

- Watched 2 presentations. One was on water and how we can conserve it and the other was on internet safety.

- Was at a school with no running water. Ok, I'll have to explain this one. At one point during the morning an announcement came on saying they were working on something to do with the water and so we wouldn't have any for up to a couple of hours potentially. Not great. Especially when you've got 25 grade 3 and 4 students. It was also at precisely this time that a number of them insisted they needed water or to go to the bathroom (where they were instructed not to flush). As it turns out it probably lasted less than an hour... but I can only imagine what all those bathrooms looked like afterwards. 

- Helped some students take care of their plants they are growing! Today my husband and I are going to purchase the vegetables and flowers for our garden... we likely won't plant them for another week as the night temperatures are still hovering close to 0. But it's a sure sign that summer has to be on its way if we are buying plants!
Classroom greenhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...