Saturday, May 04, 2019

This Week At School

This week at school was a little bit of a rougher week... not because I had awful students but because I wasn't feeling the greatest. It was the kind of week I would have used a sick day at some point likely but as a substitute I obviously don't get any paid sick days... so I just went in (plus, it wasn't anything contagious - it was a sore back). 
I'm not sure how it is where you teach but here teachers get 2 sick days every month. The nice thing about this is they also carry forward so at the end of the year if you haven't taken a single sick day you'll have 20 available to you. If you are on a term and you don't use them up that's the end of them... they are gone even if you are hired in the same division the following year but if you are a permanent teacher you can even carry those forward. It isn't uncommon to run into a teacher that has accumulated 100+ sick days waiting for when they need them. Unfortunately, you don't get paid out for those sick days when you one day want to retire... so once again you either use them or you don't (but it's nice to know they there.. potentially a lot of them for when you do them!).

Other than not feeling the greatest it was an eventful week!

I was in 3 new to me classrooms this week and 1 new to me school! 

I even went back to a classroom I had a short term in way, way back before I even started blogging.
My first ever term teaching job: Kindergarten

Other than that we did some Spelling City , played a whole bunch in kindergarten, and worked on a genius hour project at the school with just 9 kids.

In another of the classrooms a teacher was already starting a countdown to the number of days before summer vacation
Except I have a feeling it might be less than 40 now!

I'm assuming that's teaching days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...