Saturday, May 25, 2019

This Week At School

Shortened week of school this week due to Victoria Day on Monday (a day off for us Canadians) so we got our garden planted (just in time for the on and off rain we've had this week)!

This week at school I..

- Was in the same school for 3 out of the 4 working days! 

- read an entire book (since I was in the same school for those 3 days I borrowed a book from the teacher I was in for the first day during a reading period and continued reading it during my preps and other reading periods over the next couple of days). The book was "Destined to Live" by Ruth Gruener which tells the story of the holocaust from someone who was in hiding.

- Took a class outside to enjoy one of the nicer days we had this week!

- Taught in middle years classes (grades 6 and 7) all week

- Found this interesting quote chart. It's on a roll of paper and the teacher does change it (I was in for her a couple of weeks ago and the quote was different) which I thought was cool... I'll be doing a blog post soon as to how she incorporates the quotes she writes on here into her classroom.

Inspiring quotes for your classroom

- Found this bulletin board in one of the classrooms this week

End of the year bulletin board

After a quick search I was able to find out more about it and what one teacher did was put a student name in each balloon and as the balloons get popped they spent the day celebrating that student. Another idea is to put fun activities to do inside the balloons. I was a little confused as this bulletin board had 16 balloons on it (with only 3 or so popped already) and I know for certain that there are more than 16 days of school left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...