Saturday, January 18, 2020

This Week At School

It was a busy week at school.  Temperatures dropped below -30 and the flu is still running rampart (I would say on average there are about 5 students missing per class that I've been in).

What did I do this week while at school?

I learned a new way for measuring the surface area of a triangular prism.  He told me multiple times that this isn't a standard way of solving for it but it works so I'll do my best to explain it to you...

First, base x height to determine the surface areas of the 2 triangles (no need to divide by 2 since there are 2 of them).

Then, figure out the perimeter of one of the triangles (so you'll be adding up all 3 sides)

Then, multiple the perimeter of the triangle by the distance between the 2 triangles.

Finally, add what you got in the last step with your surface areas of the triangles from the first step and voila!... you should have the surface area of the triangular prism.

I was also in an art classroom this week and I found this...

Bob Ross Painting?

Now I can't say for certain or anything but... do we think this teacher may have done a Bob Ross painting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...