Saturday, February 01, 2020

This Week At School

It was another busy week at school!

I worked outside of the city twice this week... on one occasion I nearly slid right past the turn off from the highway to the school because it was icier than I had predicted it was... but I got there in one piece without an accident so all is well!

Sometimes I wonder why they even bother to get a sub at a school... on this one particular half day I had the possibility of having 3 classes... but the teacher only taught during one of those periods.  Luckily I had a book that I was trying to get through this week (which I ended up getting through and starting a new one) so I did a lot of reading those periods.  Then other days a school purposefully doesn't get enough subs because they expect the subs that they do have will cover everyone's recess duties and classes... which I am nearly certain is NOT allowed but I digress.

Anywho, I was also in a new to me classroom this week!  It was a very busy class of grade 1/2 students and a couple of the girls drew me pictures!


This first one is clearly a unicorn and under it is a nest with an egg that it laid.  Did you know that unicorns lay eggs?  You learn something new every day you're in a grade 1/2 class!


This one is a less than amused cat wearing a party hat.

Finally, an observation I've made from being in schools this first month after winter break.  Tik Tok blew up over the break!  I wrote this post about Tik Tok over the summer and what we all need to know about it and it seems more important then ever that we learn about these apps that our students and children are using on a regular basis now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...