Monday, February 24, 2020

City Skyline Art Idea

I found this lovely picture in an art room I was in recently:

Middle Years City Skyline Art Idea

Now, I couldn't find the lesson online but it seems pretty straight forward

1)  Paint the background in some kind of gradient
2) Draw out a city skyline on a piece of paper and then cut it out
3)  Trace skyline onto black construction paper, cut out, and glue onto painted paper
4)  Create shadows in the water

The teacher also had some things the students had to include with their structures


I think these are some good criteria... that way you don't have someone doing a bunch of rectangles or houses and it makes it look more interesting.

When trying to find a lesson online to go with this I found loads of other city skyline art ideas (seriously, there are TONS out there).  So if you are interested in a slightly different version of this - they are out there!

If you are interested in reading some of my other art related posts here are a few:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...