Monday, February 26, 2018

Stop Drop and Read

We've been wrapping up I Love to Read month at pretty well every school I've been to.  At one particular school they've been doing Stop Drop and Read at various times throughout the day.  They single the start and end of this time with a roar of a lion being played over the PA system.  Well, on this particular day we all heard the roar loud and clear and we stopped what we were doing and started to read.  Half an hour later... we were still reading (or well, some of us were and some of us were getting pretty tired of it).  I asked the EA in the room if it usually goes on for this long and she informed me it never does... which is when I made the executive decision to end reading time.  Which was probably a good thing because we never did end up hearing that roar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...