Thursday, February 08, 2018

Picking Teams

Sometimes you have to sub in a gym class and you need to put your students in teams to play (or you might even have to put them into teams for something in the classroom too). Here is my fool proof way for picking teams when you don't know the students.

You'll be tempted to line the students up and go 1,2,1,2,1,2 which is most of what I do. Except usually, you'll see a few students switch places in the lineup so that one team will be stacked or Jimmy gets to be on the same team with all his friends. If I happen to see students switching spots (and they usually do) I'll switch up the way I'm counting so it might instead go 1,2,11,22,1,2,111,222. That's it. Congrats, you've created a mixed team that doesn't consist of one person and all their besties. But I'm sure there are many more simple ways to create teams when you don't know the students... leave what you do in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...