Saturday, January 19, 2019

This Week At School

It was a bunch of half days for this week at school

At one of the schools I was at they got these fancy new tables

white board table

I'm not sure what they are actually called but you can write on them with a whiteboard marker.  I'm not sure how super useful they would be but I guess kids could use them as "scrap" paper for when they might need extra space to do some thinking but not have an extra piece of paper (because lets be honest, a lot of them don't even have a pencil).
I also learned about glue sponges and let me tell you the grade 1 and 2 class I was in were using them like pros... in my opinion... they ARE worth they hype (although I obviously was in the dark as to the hype surrounding these)

I subbed for a vacancy... which just meant I was covering in different classrooms while teachers went for meetings.  A vacancy is kind of actually a nice gig because you get to be in multiple classrooms (so if one classroom isn't working out for you... have no fear because you get a new one in a bit!).  Of course if you end up loving one of your classes you won't actually get to be with them all day (but be sure to let that teacher know you want to come back!)

One of my half days turned into a surprise full day when another teacher went home sick.  Worked out great for me as I was close enough I could go home for lunch (plus I got a full day instead of a half day).

I ended off my week in this classroom


Would you look at all those windows!?!

I would LOVE this classroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...