Saturday, August 03, 2019

This Week OFF From School

This week was a bit of a doozy from being off from school.

It started out with a bit of a tickle in my throat and the occasional cough to being accompanied by a headache... and just as the last of the achy head left I started to cough a lot more and by Thursday I woke up without a voice.

It was a rough week.

BUT, I still managed to get a bit accomplished.

I picked the last of our rhubarb (for now) and made a double batch of rhubarb muffins (some for our Bible study group, some for family, and the rest were for my husband to enjoy). 

the last of our rhubarb

rhubarb muffins

I've been pretty insistent that I'm not going to let our garden food go to waste this year and so far I think I've been doing a pretty good job!

I found some discounted steaks (because they were about to reach their best by date) and turned them into some 4 packs of slow cooker steak fajitas that I promptly stuck in the freezer for the next few months.

steak fajitas for the freezer
I walked to Winners and found this gem of a dry erase calendar. 


I was pretty bummed when I realized our new stainless steel fridge would not work with magnets and I was not sure how I was going to cope without my magnetic dry erase calendar (which I write on what we are eating so that I know what to take out of the freezer).  So I used a regular calendar and put it on the wall in our dinning room for a while but now I've got something much MUCH larger and I'm pretty excited for it!

We stayed back from the lake this weekend to get some stuff done around here.  Which meant we FINALLY cleaned out the garage and took a load to the dump (and by we I mean my husband).  It's been pretty full of drywall and doors since we did our renovations nearly a year ago so it was nice to get that cleared out!

Once again my illness set me back a bit in the walking area... this week I managed to get in 20.59km which is pretty good but still nearly 10km off from my goal of 30km in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...