Saturday, August 10, 2019

This Week OFF From School

This week off from school was all about fitness.  

As of Friday evening I had walked or ran 24.15km.  Which if you are keeping track means I was just shy of 6km to my 30km in a week goal (I'll update at some point on Saturday to let you know if I ever got those extra few km in).

In addition to all the walking and running I did this week I also finished one level of a workout video I had been doing and moved on to level 3.  I don't actually know how long one is supposed to do each level but I figured I would know once I had mastered it and I felt like I had.

Last weekend happened to be a long weekend so we were at the lake for that.  Which was perfect because I finally got to wear my "birthday suit" (only a month after my birthday) and it was a scorcher so it was so nice to be able to jump in the lake to cool down.

Other than that I made another batch of slow cooker freezer meals.  This time I made some butter chicken (which is delicious).  We use already frozen chicken which is why it sits a little funny in the bag.
Butter Chicken

I also FINALLY painted the trim around our front door from our renovations that we did nearly a year ago!  It had actually cooled down enough that I figured having the door open for an hour during the day wouldn't let in all the bugs and heat so I did it!

I couldn't get a great before or after picture but I think you'll get the idea.

Front door before being painted

Front door after being painted


Also, that piece that I left at the bottom of the door and window is actually metal so I wasn't sure if I should attempt to paint it or not... we've since decided that I should try to paint it... but that's a job for another week!

I'm also feeling like now we need to replace our front door hinges and door knob to be black to complete the look.

And, I really spent a lot of time working on the rest of this months blog posts.  Something you may now know about me is that I typically write posts about a month in advance when possible.  If something comes up I'll shuffle things around a bit but it's a really good feeling to be working a month ahead of yourself... so it's odd that now that I have time off I had only been working a week ahead of myself (and sometimes just a couple of days).  So I'm feeling kind of accomplished.
Of course if you ever want to collaborate on something I would be more than happy to and my blog posts are easily adjusted.

And that folks, was my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...