Saturday, November 30, 2019

This Week At School

Finally, it was a busier week at school!

I was in 4 different schools this week (and 4 different classrooms) but I ended up working all 5 days!

3 of the classrooms I got to teach in were huge!

This one was actually 2 different classrooms with a wall taken down between them. I like that the teacher made a desk area in one of the spaces and then more of an open and relaxing space in the other half.


Student Desk half of the room

I also love how these 2 classrooms had a ton of windows (I couldn't even get all the windows in the pictures - that's how many they had!)




At one of the schools this week we had a speaker come in and talk to us about homelessness and what we can do to help this season.

I planned and taught an art lesson in a grade 3/4 classroom about animal teeth (stay tuned in January for the lesson on this)

I apparently broke the intercom in one of the schools from calling down to the office. We joked that I had called down so frequently that I broke it (but I didn't call down THAT frequently, I just had one student that needed someone else to make some decisions for him). Whatever happened to the intercom it meant there were no bells at the end of the day. Whoops!

I ended off the week in a 4/5 classroom and all I will say is this... letting your children do whatever they want whenever they want at home (ahem screen time ahem) does not do them any service while they are at school. Kids should be doing some work and learning at home (in addition to having fun and playing). I've done a blog post about screen addiction before and here is a post that talks about a bunch of different online activities your kids/students may be into that might need another look. And no, I don't have children of my own so there's that BUT I do spend 6-8 hours of their day with them trying to teach them to learn which is likely a good chunk of the time they spend awake... so there is that.

Now it's going to seem like my day was awful but it wasn't. I'm at the point in my career where one person is not going to make or break my day anymore.

In other news I also made my husband an advent calendar! Well, if I'm being completely honest I actually made this calendar a couple of years ago and I just refilled it (with Lindt chocolates of course!). He thought he was getting an underwear advent calendar initially which just gave me an idea for next year (but you'll have to wait until then to see if I actually manage to pull that one together).
Homemade Christmas Advent Calendar



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...