Monday, December 02, 2019

Tricked into Reading

Normally I would be very happy when a class excitedly requests to be read a story... but in this case it was a particular book that was being requested.  This particular book was written by BJ Novak (whom, if you don't know, played a character on The Office) so I kind of wondered what kind of book this was.  Then the class was very insistent that I could not under any circumstance read the back of the book before reading them the story.  And believe me, I tried to read the back to see what was going on, but they were always very quick to catch me no matter how sneaky I thought I was being.

Anyways, if you haven't read "The Book With No Pictures" I highly recommend you do so... and if you haven't read it to your class and have no intention of finding this book to read it to your class I've found it on Youtube for you to enjoy.


The kids loved it!

Spoiler:
If you aren't going to watch the video or read the book but still want to know why those kids were so insistent that I needed to read THAT book... it's because it's a book with a bunch of silly words and the reader talks about how wonderful the kids are that are listening to it... which is what the warning on the back was all about (which I did end up reading after I finished reading the story to them).

Have you read any books to your students lately that they absolutely loved? 
I would love to head about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...