Thursday, April 12, 2018

Hockey

Many of my readers have probably heard the tragic news of the Humboldt Broncos bus crash leaving 16 dead and 13 injured. 

Although only one player on the bus was from the province I teach in it still hits close to home. How many times have you gone on a bus to an event? Probably a number of times and many of those times (for myself at least) have involved taking highways and country roads. An accident like this could have happened anywhere at any time.

It may also be hitting a little close to home because Humboldt is only a 7 hour drive from where I live, I've been in schools with hockey academy's where I'm sure kids dreamed of one day playing for a team like the Humboldt Broncos, and with NHL playoffs coming up hockey is just on a lot of our minds.

Anyways, because of all of this the school I've been in this week has been doing what they can to show their support.

The kids all coloured paper hockey sticks green and yellow and taped them to their lockers and today we are all showing our support by wearing green or yellow.


We may be 7 hours away but we're thinking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...