Wednesday, July 25, 2018

5 Things I Would Try in my Future Classroom

1) Classroom Economy

I would use it as a way to keep track fo the different behaviours in my classroom (both positive and not so positive), hopefully encourage good behaviours, and reward my students.  If you want to know more about it... you can find it online (it's a free resource

2) ELA Groups

These would pretty much run like my math groups did.  I would divide the class into 4 or 5 groups likely divided in either reading or writing groups (maybe I would have both and depending on the day would be which was they would get divided).  I think the stations I would have them visit would be:
- Spelling
- Reading
- Writing
- Work with me (which would either be a reading group or working on some writing techniques)
- Some kind of game (Boggle, Scrabble, Bananagrams, etc)

3) Interactive Social Studies Journal (and maybe Science as well)

Just because I liked the interactive math journals so much.  I've actually made my own for grade 5 Social Studies already (it's not for sale because I have yet to actually test it out in a classroom... and I'm not sure I will ever sell it anyways).

4) A Classroom Blog

I've tried having students write their own blogs on Kidblog but that ended up being a lot of work on my behalf because it ended up I couldn't trust a few of them to write appropriate comments which meant I had to review all comments before they were posted. One classroom blog would be manageable... I think. I even think I would give 2 of my students a job updating it every week through our Classroom Economy jobs. Parents would have the link to check in on what we are doing and if I enabled commenting... could post comments that the kids would [hopefully] be super pumped about.

5) A Classroom Pet

Something simple like a fish would be perfect. I would make it someones job in our Classroom Economy to make sure it's taken care of and clean and everything.  Remarkably I don't actually see a lot of classroom pets in classrooms anymore... but maybe I'm just visiting the wrong classrooms?  

Do you have a classroom pet in your classroom?

Psst... Last week I talked about some things that I would definitely do again in my classroom (that I've already tried out).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...