Saturday, November 10, 2018

This Week At School


This week at school I attended 2 Remembrance Day assembly’s. This got me thinking, how many adults attend Remembrance Day ceremonies? Likely not too many. I on the other hand get to attend one every year and spend time remembering those that fought for my freedoms. 

At one of the assemblies they displayed a bunch of pictures of people that fought or are currently fighting or worked for the Canadian army in some fashion on the projector that were related to students and teachers that attended the school currently. I was surprised at the number of students and teachers that had a connection to the army. 

At the other assembly they showed us Charlie Brown Visits Flanders Field… it was pretty good for elementary aged students.


I’m not sure what everyone’s plans are this November 11th but I would highly encourage everyone to take a moment to think about those that have fought for the freedoms you currently enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...