Saturday, November 24, 2018

This Week At School

This week at school I was in a couple of new to me classes

One of them I walked in and saw this....


For those of us that aren't aware... this is in Spanish
I do not speak Spanish

So I did my very first day of Spanish immersion!
Luckily it was grade 1 and 2 and there were only 12 students... so we spoke in English this day.

This isn't my first time "teaching" something that I don't know.  I've been a French music teacher, high school computer teacher, guitar teacher, and violin instructor.

Later in the week I was also a nursery/kindergarten teacher at a school I haven't been at this year yet.

I went back to my old school from last year and taught grade 8 as well.  The kids were not the greatest and I'll often use this as a reason not to come back to that particular class.  BUT, in this case (and likely only a handful of others) I did tell the teacher I would come back.  Why?  Because I've been the one with a class that no one would want to teach that likely would have been nearly impossible to find a sub for (luckily, I never needed one) and so I decided to offer my services again (so long as I'm not already booked elsewhere)... plus I know a lot of those students from last year and I do think they are capable of improving their behaviour.

But to finish things off... I finally was in a classroom with class pets again!


It's been a looong time since I've seen some class pets in a classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...