Thursday, July 25, 2019

What Teachers Say About Substitutes

I found this video about substitutes and thought I would share it... unfortunately for whatever reason blogger can't seem to find the video on YouTube (but I promise you it's there so just follow the link)!

Anyways, I have a confession, I do sometimes write detailed notes about how the day went.  However, it's usually not more than a page long... and yes I must confess I sometimes (okay, often) break it down as to how each period went. Definitely thought this was normal and definitely have known that not all teachers read my lovely little notes (but I'm still going to leave them!).

I used to be really good about making sure the classroom is mostly tidy before I leave.  Usually this means getting the students to help (hello, mystery mess) but lets be honest, sometimes you know those kids aren't cleaning anything up at the end of the day so I'll go around and straighten a few things out and pick up the larger pieces of paper because I don't want the teacher to think a tornado rolled through while I was taking over their class.

Not to toot my own horn, but I think I'm a pretty alright substitute teacher (and in my humble opinion others have noticed... why else would I go back to classrooms so often?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...