Saturday, July 06, 2019

This Week OFF From School

It's finally summer vacation over here!

So what did I do on my first week of vacation?

I finally made time for a couple of appointments (my teeth are now squeaky clean)
I finished and picked up a new book from the library (and unbeknownst to me, couldn't renew one of the library books I had out so had a 1 day late fine for one of the books which is now 40 cents and not 10 cents... whoops).
Celebrated my birthday with some fruit pizza with a brownie crust.


Went to a family gathering
Went on a long walk with a friend.
FINALLY vacuumed the basement (because it had been WAY too long... but we also don't spend any time down there so maybe it's slightly okay?)
Relaxed in the sun.
Hung out with friends and watched the fireworks on Canada Day
Made some yummy rhubarb muffins
Helped my husband haul a bunch of large bricks to our backyard to use around the edge of our garden (where previously there had been rotting wood).


What do we have planted in the garden?
Lots of tomatoes, peppers, and lettuce, zucchini, cucumber, squash, strawberries, rhubarb, chives, and an apple tree 


It seems it was a bit of a busier first week off from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...