Thursday, March 05, 2020

Animal Print Art

Animal print isn't just in fashion wise (at least I think it might currently be "in" - I can't say I'm following the trend) but it's in with art in a classroom I was in a while ago!
I couldn't actually find an example of this lesson online but I'm sure together (or just me on my own) can get a pretty good idea of how things went down.

Here are a few examples of what I found in the classroom:

Peacock print art


Giraffe print art


Leopard print art

Based off of the examples here is what I'm assuming the teacher asked her students to do

1) Colour the whole page to look like the animals fur/feathers/scales. Make sure your whole background is coloured

2) With black construction paper draw and cut out a silhouette of your animal (if it's too hard for the student to draw themselves there are plenty of animal silhouettes that can be found online for them to get an idea - but really I would encourage them to try for themselves first).

3) Glue the silhouette onto the middle of the page

You're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...