- Things have been A LOT hectic (please keep in mind that I only got the job last Thursday and visited the school for the first time the following Friday)
- I'm learning my students names (I'm having a really hard time with this... I see 4 different classes throughout the cycle though. I'm not at all sure how gym and music teachers manage! If you have suggestions I would love to hear them)
- I put up some posters!.. honestly I was just tired of looking at boring classroom walls with nothing on them.
- I also stuck up some student work!
- I volunteered my services to help with a running club. Looks like I'll be getting my first sub in the classroom before the end of the month.
- Ok, this doesn't happen at school but it happens on the drive home... I started listening to The Outsiders on my drive home... it will be my students first novel study (hopefully in about a month) so I decided I would use my 40 minute drive home wisely. I started it today and got through the first chapter.
Things have almost been too crazy to take pictures. But I quickly snapped some after school today (next week I'll get a picture of my actual "hut"/Grade 8 classroom)
|On the 2nd day of school I got my first present from a student. German chocolate (and mints)!|
|I have limited wall space in my Grade 8 classroom but managed to get myself a bookshelf (not all the books fit on it... I figured I would switch them out in a couple months)|
|Friday after school I started looking through the collection of posters and just putting stuff up. And by stuff I mean one poster... It's a start!|
|I put one classes All About Me posters in here. I thought they were a little personal and therefore will not be putting a photo of them on my blog.|
|When I walked into my grade 4 classroom after school I somehow almost missed this.|