Saturday, August 18, 2018

This Week OFF From School

I've been taking it a little easier again this week due to my back issues again and the fact that its been pretty smokey outside due to the fires out west but this week I did visit the chiropractor not once but twice for adjustments so hopefully things are going to be getting better soon!

I visited another flooring store and got different recommendations for what we should put in our house.  One store says waterproof laminate, another click together vinyl and this third one says glue down vinyl. 

I also brought home some more samples for John to see and this time they are too dark (last week they were too light)... it's like I'm living with Goldilocks here!


I made these cucumber chips in a dehydrator that we borrowed


They weren't my cup of tea but if you are interested in the recipe you can find it here

I'm proud to say we FINALLY have our cucumber situation under control... now to just get the zucchini under control.. maybe zucchini chips are in our future next week.



We made some chocolate cherry ice cream. 


We make this one a lot!... so it's definitely delicious and you can find the recipe here
We've altered the recipe a little to add chocolate because that's an important ingredient for my husband.

We also attempted to make some Turtle Ice Cream but we haven't been having a whole lot of luck with our ice cream attachment lately so as I'm typing this it still isn't frozen (but hopefully I'll have a better update on this situation for next week)

I hung out with my cousins kids once this week

I emailed another company to get a second opinion on our kitchen renovations (and to see what they would quote the renovations at).  Still waiting to hear back though.

Speaking of our kitchen renovations I'm starting to stock pile stuff in the freezer so that we don't have to eat out too often while the renovations are happening. Between the slow cooker, microwave, toaster oven, pizza oven (John insisted we needed one), and the bread maker I'm hoping we will be able to get by without an oven for a bit.  Right now we have 5 pizzas (I usually make them homemade but the frozen ones were on sale for a good price so I stocked up!), and a bunch of slow cooker meals (butter chicken, chicken marinara, roasts, steak fajitas, and sweet and sour chicken) all prepackaged (for the most part... we desperately need chicken to go on sale so we can get that main ingredient in most of them).  I'm also hoping to get a few soup options into the freezer as well.. the problem with this it's really not soup weather here and what I usually do is make a full batch and we'll eat half of it and I'll freeze the other half.  I'm expecting us to start eating a lot of soup come September... hopefully.  I also still need to make a couple of batches of cookies for the freezer as well.  I'm thinking peanut butter and my coconut chocolate chip ones.  And likely one lasagna will get added as well.  At this point the freezer should be decently full and we should hopefully have enough dinner options to last us a month... at least.

I went on a shopping spree for the kitchen yesterday...

Who would have thought the first things we purchase for our kitchen would be the sink and faucet?

as in I bought 2 thing for it.. but sinks and faucets are expensive!
Anyways, with a 90 day return policy I feel like we still have plenty of time to make returns if they don't work out with the kitchen design and they were on sale now.

The vacuum I used a bunch of gift cards to pay for... so that was free (and I might add a really good price.  If you are looking for a Dyson vacuum Best Buy currently has them on sale... I bought mine at The Bay - they price matched it).

Finally, we spent more time at the lake.  It was REALLY hot this past weekend... like feeling above 40 kind of hot so we were pretty thankful to be able to spend time there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...