Saturday, August 25, 2018

This Week OFF From School

We only have one more week off and then it's back to school (well, if I'm lucky I'll get a job that first week to go to... I likely will end up still having a couple of weeks off from school).

So what did I do this week?

We are still in the midst of trying to pick out some flooring and I think we are finally very VERY close to making a decision

The 3 pieces of wood leaning up against the wall are what we are thinking of using for our cabinets (the 2 end ones are very similar just different types of wood).  I also put a white paper there because we are switching out the trim and baseboards for a white colour and out back splash and counter tops will also be fairly close to white too.



This next one requires a bit of work to envision it... we are thinking that 2nd from the top colour on the left hand side)



I think I've gone back and forth to flooring stores enough to last me a number of years by now.  We will be choosing our flooring from these 5 samples though... hopefully)

We are also finializing our kitchen renovation plans and are just getting a 2nd quote made up for us so we can decide on a company to go with.  Hopefully within the next couple of weeks we will settle on the design and where we want cabinets/drawers and get everything ordered.

I went shopping and picked out a new top for me to wear this year (and likely for many years) while subbing (or hey, I'll even wear it while teaching in my very own classroom if I'm that lucky).


The sleeves were a little "out there" for me but I thought it was super cute and flattering, it ties in the back (which is what the black stuff at the top is)

I went and purchased about 20lbs of peaches this week.  The plan is to blanche them and freeze them (I use a lot of frozen fruit in smoothies).  20lbs is a lot though.. especially since our freezer is getting fairly full at the moment.

Speaking of blanching we bought a blancher and canning equipment.  We are all set to make salsa in a couple of weeks once we are overrun with tomatoes and peppers!

Chicken also FINALLY went on sale this week so I also bought about 10kgs of chicken breast for the freezer.  FINALLY we can start eating chicken again!  About half of the amount that I bought was already destined for a bunch of slow cooker meals I had already put together but were lacking the chicken component.

I watched my cousins kids again this week.  I took them to see The Incredibles 2 (I had actually already seen it but they hadn't yet so off we went).

I had my first ever facial this week.  Let me tell you.. if you've never had a facial before get one!  I got mine done at a local beauty school and it was actually free because I had coupon (otherwise I'm not sure if I would have ever thought to get one).  I had a great student do mine and it was super relaxing and my face still feels silky smooth.

I'm in the process of getting everything organized for subbing again.  I still haven't received any contracts from one division that I want to stick on with (I've already signed contracts for 2 other divisions though)... so note to self... get a hold of that one division and make sure I'm still on their sub list.

And... we went to the lake one last time before school starts up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...