Saturday, October 06, 2018

This Week At School

This week at school I was in just 2 schools! 

I was back at the school I had been at the last couple of weeks for the first half of the week and the rest of the week I was out in a really small school of just 9 students! 

It finally warmed up just enough to do the Terry Fox run so we did that on Monday 

By Wednesday when I left school it was looking like this… 

Snowy October Field

How unfortunate for only the beginning of October! 

Later in the week when I was teaching in a school of all of 9 students I had just 5 students in the morning (although that number dropped to just 3 on Friday morning) and all 9 in the afternoons. Needless to say it was quite an easy couple of days! 

I read to them from this book 


And I think I’m going to go and take it out from my local library (and probably even his other book – “Prisoner B-3087” 

They’ve been practicing for a cross country meet so we went for a run… or rather the older kids all went for a run and I walked with the 2 youngest kids. 

I played Snake with the older students 

And we made these cute foldable Thanksgiving turkeys


Foldable Thanksgiving Turkey

(which were actually kid of challenging to make so I had the older kids practice making them in the morning so they could help the younger students in the afternoon) 

It’s a long weekend here in Canada due to it being Thanksgiving. Hope we all have a safe and fun Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...