Thursday, October 11, 2018

What One Doesn't Belong

While doing my little stint in grade 8 the last couple of weeks I've been attending the meetings the teacher I'm in for would normally go to... and every so often you learn about something kind of cool.

It's called Which One Doesn't Belong and it's a website comprised of a bunch of 2x2 grids of pictures, numbers, shapes, etc. where students have to decide which of the 4 pictures doesn't belong and give some reasoning behind it.  Usually, if not always, you could argue in some way that each of the pictures doesn't belong with the other 3.

How would I use this site in my class?  I think I would start math classes off with it to get students thinking and having to work through a reason why that particular number, shape, etc doesn't belong.  It's quick, it's easy, and requires you only to get to the website and select one of the grids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...