Saturday, October 13, 2018

This Week At School

This week was a shortened week of school due to Canadian Thanksgiving being on Monday.  

Over the course of the week I did manage to teach grades from 1-8 (and you'll see why in a minute).

I was back at that small rural school this week!  9 whole kids to be in charge of... what a dream!  This time it was swim and gym in the afternoon which is when we take them to the University in the city for a gym class (it was archery) and swimming lessons.  Now that they are down to just 9 students in the school the teachers just drive them... which meant I had to drive them.  Everything went fine with that though... until it came time to leave which is when I thought my car had gotten towed because I accidentally did not park in visitor parking.  But we eventually found it (and it didn't even have a ticket on the window!).  Also, during their swimming time the fire alarm went off in the pool building... which if you recall from the other week it's already started to snow here and although the snow didn't really stick around it is still fairly cold outside.  Luckily, the kids did not have to go outside, they just had to get our of the pool.  But all the adults who were watching the kids had to leave the building (we also didn't go outside though... but it was odd to be separated from your students during a fire alarm instead of having them all line up behind you).

I also went to a colony school this week and ended the week in the middle school I was teaching at last year.

Here's the classroom I was in on Friday


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...