Saturday, April 20, 2019

This Week At School

This week at school I...

-  Led a pride meeting.  One school that I go to every so often holds these where a teacher meets with a small group of about 10 students from various grades to discuss something.  This particular day we discussed how we are all different from one another and that these differences are something to be celebrated.  To do this I asked them a bunch of questions such as do you have a brother, a sister, do you like music, do you play a sport, etc.  For every question they answered yes to they put a bead on a string.  In the end they had a string of beads (that we tied into a bracelet for them) all about them.
-  Had a student teacher in my room.  To be honest, I haven't had a lot of these days and the class that this particular student teacher was in can, on occasion, be a little challenging so I was more than happy to let him take the reigns and for me to assist him.
-  Went to swim and gym.  The school of 9 kids is officially shutting down at the end of this school year so now they are just spending up their budget because they don't have to save anything for next year.  This means they are going to camp and doing all the "boujie" activities that most schools wouldn't pay for and going back to swim and gym for a second time!  This time the kids loved to watch the university students that were all taking their exams (boy am I glad those days are behind me!).  Since we couldn't use the actual gyms for our gym class (because that was where they were writing exams) we played some dodgeball in a squash court... and I brought a book with me that I read outside of the squash court. 

No classes yesterday due to Good Friday but the kids will be going back for Easter Monday.  Do your students/children get Easter Monday off?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...