Saturday, April 27, 2019

This Week At School

This week at school I was only in for 2 teachers... because I managed to book myself in for 3 consecutive days for the same teacher which was really nice.

The teacher I was in for just one day was a new to me classroom for this year and it was probably the most amazing class that I had ever had.  Which was really lucky because I was feeling REALLY crumby when I woke up that morning but I had prebooked it and I knew the guy I was going in for so I didn't want to cancel it.  

My Monday illness made me a little concerned that I still had at least 3 more days of work this week following it but when I got home I took some allergy medicine and quickly dozed off.  When I woke up an hour or so later I was already feeling quite a bit better.

The teacher that I was in for the remainder of the week (kids were off in 2 of the divisions I work in this week) asked me if I wanted to plan an art activity for them so I looked back on my handy dandy blog from when I taught grade 4 and picked my Dutch Tulip Fields art lesson.

Here's what some of the students came up with:

Dutch Tulip Fields




They did such an awesome job!

Some things we noticed were:
Not all Crayola Washable markers are created equal for this task.  We specifically had problems with some of the pinks and the grey and Mr Sketch markers despite being washable do not work.

What I love about this art project:

It doesn't actually require paint!  Markers and water are SO much more manageable (and easier to clean up)!

To go along with this project we watched a really quick video on how those classic dutch windmills worked and we talked about what windmills today and in the past were used for.  Now that I think of it I should have had them write a poem to go along with their art too... ah well... I'll save that for my one day class to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...