Thursday, April 04, 2019

Pastel and Magazine Art Lesson

I saw these in a classroom a little while ago and thought they were really well done!

Parrot magazine Art

Succulent Magazine Art

Winter scene magazine art

panda magazine art

bird magazine art

I wasn't sure exactly what to search to find a lesson online so here's what I would do:

I would have a stack of magazines for students to go through to find a picture of something that they want to "recreate" (I use the term recreate loosely because I don't think it has to look like it did in the original).  Students would be allowed to cut out a small section of the picture.  Then I would have students use pastels (because they look really dark and vibrant) to first finish off the animal (or whatever they cut out from the magazine) and then add to the picture, encouraging them to use up the whole piece of paper.

Honestly, for some of these it took me a second to see where the magazine clipping was.

Here are some more art lessons I've done and seen around while teaching/subbing:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...