Saturday, December 14, 2019

This Week At School

Now that December is here it seems that my weeks have been much busier than November!

This week at school...

I had a student teacher for 2 days!
I was a French Immersion teacher (with the help of a student teacher).
I went to a new to me (this year) classroom (twice).
I helped a brand new student from India (he was new the day before I was there to sub) figure out what a school day in Canada is like!
I had a day (nearly) full of preps.  I started off the day with 3 preps and then was told to take a break for the last period of the day when the vice principal stopped by to do an observation of the student teacher.  Luckily I had a book to read this day which occupied a lot of my time!
I had my first indoor recess experience of the year as the temperatures dropped below -30 with the wind!

Two days in a row this week I did "leg day" - I follow the BBG program but I just do it an evening or afternoon here and there (so sometimes I might do 4 workouts and others 2)... it just so happened that I was finishing week 6 and starting week 7 on Tuesday and Wednesday (which coincidentally were the only days I did it this week).  Needless to say on Thursday my legs were killing me.  So while the students were doing some math I was doing some leg stretches - the ones where you pull your leg behind you and your heel touches your butt.  The kids asked me what I was doing (honestly, I was just standing on one leg essentially) and when I told them I was stretching my legs because they were sore wouldn't you know it... multiple other kids legs also happened to be sore at that exact moment and they all needed to do some stretches too!

Anywho, just 5 more possible working days until the break (I know I'm working 3 of those days so far).  Luckily, I'm already done (and have already received) all the presents I'm giving out this Christmas so I can just stay home and enjoy my days off in warmth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...