Monday, December 09, 2019

Grade 1 Polar Bear Unit

I was in a grade 1 classroom (a year ago now) and I found all these interesting things they had done with polar bears

First thing I noticed was some polar art with northern lights.




Then I saw some more art... polar bear faces


and then a polar bears den/igloo (I got mixed messages about what exactly it was)... it likely wasn't finished yet.


I'm assuming/hoping this teacher was also reading her students lots of stories about polar bears (both fiction and non fiction) and hopefully at some point they did some writing about what they learned about polar bears.  
It would have been cool if they could have teamed up with an older grade to have the older kids help the younger kids with some polar bear research but I understand that's hard to arrange.

Anyways, I needed to get this up now before the Christmas break in case anyone wanted to plan for it in the new year (I feel like if someone is going to do a polar bear unit it needs to be in the winter time).

Have you done a polar bear unit in your classroom?
What did you all do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...