Saturday, December 21, 2019

This Week At School

This week at school I was at 3 different schools.

I wore this lovely shirt to each and every one of those 3 schools 

Ugly Christmas Sweater for Teachers

and not a single person (adult or child) commented on it!

Anyways, this week at school I attended a Christmas concert!  The funny thing about this is that on my way to work this morning while listening to the radio they were doing an "unpopular Christmas opinion" segment and one lady called in saying she hated going to her kids Christmas concerts (sounded like she had kids from elementary age to high school age).  Her reasons, you have to sit there and watch as no one actually sings the song and your kid slowly pulls his shirt over his head.  Then when you get to high school you have to sit there and listen to what sounds like a mouse dying for a band performance.  I mean, what she is saying isn't untrue... but aren't all those things just the icing on the cake of what is a school Christmas concert?

For anyone wondering, I love them!

Do you like attending your kids Christmas concerts?

I was at another school where the younger grades were having their afternoon performance while I was there (my class didn't go and watch).  It was also formal day for spirit week (my guess is so that the younger kids would dress up for their concert).  Anyways, one of the teachers was new to the grade 2 scene and one of his students may have played with chalk and gotten it all over her fancy sweater.  This teacher said "oh don't worry, it will be fine just rub it out"... then she went to visit another teacher and she said "oh no, your lovely sweater has chalk all over it!?!" and the child broke down crying.  Luckily, they have a washer and dryer at the school so they threw the sweater in there and it came out good as new!

Otherwise, it was a lot of keeping kids busy with things to do before they all go completely crazy on Friday afternoon (which is when I won't be there... so good luck to that teacher!)

We are officially on a 2 week break from school, huzzah!  Which means I'll also take this opportunity to go on a 2 week break from the blog (although I MAY post on Saturday's still... we'll see what my week fills up with first before I make any promises though).  So to all teachers and students:  Enjoy your time off!  You earned it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...