Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Day in the Life (Part 2)

In case you missed it... This is part of a series and you can find part 1 here

As a substitute you never really know what you are getting yourself into.


I have shown up at a school expecting to teach in a classroom only to realize that I was the phys-ed teacher.

I have shown up at a school only to find out the teacher doesn't teach there anymore and I should go to the school that he currently teaches at. THEN, when I got to that school I found out that yes he taught science like it said online but he also taught a couple of sections of phys-ed (good thing I was wearing a skirt this day).

I have shown up to a school and found out I had recess duty... and decided to wear a dress... in the middle of winter.

I have been a divisions go to music sub. But not only was I their music sub but I was their go to French music sub. We played a lot of games and watched a lot of movies because I am not fluent in French nor music.

I have "taught" violin class... and no I do not play violin.

Have you ever found yourself in a surprise teaching situation that you weren't expecting?

Come back next week to read Part 3 "Then there are the students..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...