Thursday, July 03, 2014

A Day In The Life

... of a Substitute Teacher


A while ago I received an email from a reader who wanted to teach their grade 8 students what it was like to be a substitute teacher.  The hope was for her students to see substitute teachers in a better light and not to give them a hard time or take advantage of them.  So she asked me to write up what a day for me (when I was a substitute teacher) was like.  So I did!

It ended up being 5 pages long!

So check back over the next 6 weeks to get the full story on what a day as a substitute teacher (for myself) was like.  I know not every division/district is run the same way so others experiences will definitely be different... feel free to add your own stories to mine!

Also, if you want a copy of my original write up I would love to pass it on to you!  Leave me a comment or send me an email at confessionsofamodernday@live.com and I will be sure to send the entire thing off to you!

But today.... today is my birthday!
and I'm somewhere in the states (more specifically Missouri)
I'm sure I'm having a blast and enjoying my time.

So have a piece of cake for me today (just in case I don't get one) and remember to come back next Thursday (and the next 5 Thursday's after that) to read about a day in the life of this substitute teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...