Saturday, February 16, 2019

This Week At School

This week at school I...

-  FINALLY, sent students outside for recess!  Not every day... but some of the days... so it's starting to warm up!
- Learned how to play Ode to Joy on the metallophone (and then I taught some students how to do it too)
-  Watched a presentation from a storm chaser (his name escapes me at the moment but he has a show on Discovery).  I learned that tornadoes don't travel in a southern direction for very long (so if you are south of the tornado you will likely be safe) and that in the southern hemisphere they spin in the opposite direction from the northern hemisphere.
-  Was a guest reader for I Love to Read Month at a school (I read Alexanders Horrible No Good Very Bad Day and The Legend of Rock, Paper, Scissors.
-  I was at a school that I hadn't been at yet this school year (and left my information so that I can go back)
-  Did some valentine art
Heart Art


-  And finally I had a half day turn into a full day AGAIN.  Unfortunately this time I wasn't close enough to home to come back to grab a lunch so I had to make due with some Tim Hortens.


Hope we all had a wonderful Valentine's Day in our classrooms... did you do anything special for your students?

Here's one very Valentine's Day-y bulletin board I saw in a school



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...