Thursday, February 07, 2019

Valentine's Day Art

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I had done a quick Valentine's Day art activity with the grade 2/3 class I was in (I know it was a bit before Valentine's Day but the teacher had requested it... maybe she put the art work up in the hall or something).

It was super easy to do and I pretty much started by showing them the sample pictures from this website.

After I showed them what we would be doing we talked about some of the things we noticed about the pictures (the trees took up the whole space on the page, there were lots of hearts in the tree and some were on the ground, etc).  

I kept the picture up on the projector for them to refer back to when they wanted and of course there were a few that just copied the example but I also encouraged them to be creative as well.

Here is what that grade 2/3 class came up with

one of the branches on this one (or the nose?) is sticking out of the paper!










To keep them from wasting a bunch of paper I cut the brown construction paper in half (the long way... so that they could make as long of branches as they wanted) and the pink and red construction paper in half the other way.  The kids could come up and ask for more but most didn't so I felt like it was likely a good amount of paper for them to be using.

Psst...
And if you are still looking for a good Valentine Day card to hand out to your students this year when I taught grade 5/6 I used these mustache cards and put a sucker through each one (they were a big hit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...