Monday, February 04, 2019

Valentine Boxes

An entire year ago I was working at a school where the entire school (ok, it may have had only 2 classes and about 30 students) made valentine boxes... Valentine's day has to be one of  my least favourite holidays... I must admit I'm lacking the creativity to plan something grand for my students to do on this day... but then I saw these kids being so creative with their valentine boxes and I thought to myself... "Hmm... why not have kids plan their own craft to make on this day and have it also serve the purpose of holding all their valentines".  So, I'm posting this a bit before Valentine's Day just in case you are also lacking the creativity for Valentine's Day and need some ideas!

I would have students plan their box out a week or so before we made them and have them gather up the supplies (for the most part) that they will be needing for it.  

unicorn valentine box

tractor valentine box

panda valentine box

Lego valentine box

The whole schools valentine boxes

And just a warning... we cut the slots in the top with a box cutter which I always kept out of reach of all the children... and who ended up getting cut with it in the end?  I did... so be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...