Saturday, October 19, 2019

This Week At School

This was a pretty easy week at school.

The one day I managed to book I was replacing a teacher that helps out in a bunch of different classrooms.  So I ran the morning routine and got the kids settled into centers in kindergarten, helped out in a grade 1 class with some colouring and cutting that needed to get done, researched our political candidates with the grade 5/6's for the upcoming election, and ran some writing groups in grade 2/3.

Other than that we FINALLY purchased a washer and dryer!... we've only been talking about buying them for 3 years now (we're calling it an anniversary gift to ourselves).  We also went to see the Cirque show that is currently in our city (which we purchased tickets for a couple of months ago and was actually our original anniversary gift to ourselves.

In other news I tried to get my flu shot at 5 locations on Friday (I like going at the beginning of the weekend because I usually get slightly sick from them so this way I have the weekend to hopefully get sick and recover) but alas the only location that actually had the shot available was doing it by appointment only and didn't have any spots left.  Hopefully next week I'll have better luck!

I'm curious, if you work in the education field, do you get your flu shot?

I've gotten mine every year for the last few years and I have noticed that I don't get sick nearly as often as I used to so I'm planning on continuing to get it every year for the foreseeable future.

So far next week is also looking like a not so busy week so hopefully some of those dates start getting filled up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...