Saturday, September 01, 2018

This Week OFF From School

This week marked the last week of summer vacation (although, I'm still willing to bet that I might just have one more week off before I get my first day of subbing in).

For a weekend that we stayed back from the lake it was incredibly busy!

We checked off a lot of items that we needed to get purchased for our main floor renovations.  We got an oven, fridge, dishwasher, and flooring all purchased this week which feels great!

We switched company's for our kitchen cabinets and met with the new company which just so happens to be clear on the other end of the city.  So we also picked new cupboard looks and stain with them and we are just finalizing everything currently and will likely be paying for some new kitchen cabinets next week!

We made and canned salsa (almost all the ingredients for it are from our garden other than the onions and some spices we added).  We also canned some tomatoes for use later.

I made a bunch of meat buns to go with some zucchini soup because we continue to have zucchini up to our ears here.  Thankfully the soup was good so we've now frozen 3 large bags of cut up zucchinis to make more soup throughout the fall, winter, and likely spring.

I dropped off my subbing contract to one of the larger divisions I sub in.  Officially I'm in 2 divisions for subbing currently although the only division I've booked a subbing day is one that I never received a contract for.  I emailed them about it so hopefully I receive it soon.  The plan is to be in 3 divisions this year (down from 4 last year since the 4th division I only worked 1 day in).

The other week I bought 20lbs of peaches and they started getting softer this week so I blanched and froze most of them... It's hard when you only have room in the freezer to deal with 8 peaches at a time.  We'll likely use the majority of them in smoothies.

Oh, and on Sunday we went to a wedding


Hopefully we've all had a fabulous summer break and are ready to get back at it!

See you all in the classroom!
(and on the blog of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...