Saturday, June 22, 2019

This Week At School

I found this on the board in one of the classrooms I subbed in (at the beginning of the week).  Only 3 more days of work for me (and 4 more days of school until summer break for the students - teachers have another 5).


You know what grinds my gears as a substitute teacher?  When a teacher doesn't put it into the online notes (which I know for a fact is a very simple thing to do) that we will be doing things outside for the day.  Sometimes it's hot *ahemJUNEahem* and sometimes it's cold... hello all winter long.  Just do me a solid and let me know in the online notes if I'll have recess duty or be spending the whole day outside... please?

Anyways, rant over.

One of the days this week we spent outside with a kindergarten class for aboriginal activities day.  The kids had a lot of fun (it was pretty draining otherwise).  Luckily not ALL the activities were outside so it was a bit of back and forth.

Another day this week I was a middle school teacher where not too much happened... I worked my way through almost another entire YA novel (I'll finish it next week when I'm back in that classroom).

And another day I was a French Immersion teacher... which got me thinking... French Immersion is very popular here.  So popular that most (if not all) school divisions in the province will have at least one school with a French Immersion option.  We also have Spanish, Ukrainian, and I think Cree and was wondering what other places of this world have for Immersion schools?  

3 more days of work for this substitute teacher!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...