Saturday, June 08, 2019

This Week At School

We started the week off with a bang (literally) with a thunder storm. If you're wondering if the kids were super excited and ran to the window with the first loud boom... they did.

They also got super excited this week when we watched a Bill Nye video. If you're wondering if they all still sing the intro song (like I know all my classes did growing up when we would watch it)... they did this too.

What else did I do this week at school? 

I took some kids to swim and gym at one of the universities here. 

I took my students outside to read in the hot, hot, HOT weather (it's been hovering close to 30 here and on Friday it was more like 40!)

I played some Snake with some grade 6 students 

I was a dance teacher (but I'm a pro at teaching what I do not know (guitar, violin, dance, more dance, Spanish, etc).

Played some Just Dance in said dance class (which if you didn't know you can just dance along to from playing it on Youtube - but this teacher had the actual system to play it on)

Survived a power outage (on the +40 day of course)! Luckily it only lasted a short time but unfortunately it also happened while the kids were writing an assessment and not supposed to be talking. So I calmed them down and lowered the blinds just a little bit more so that it wouldn't get too hot in the room (if you're wondering the kids were complaining about the heat in about 2 minutes). Like I said... we survived... barely (apparently).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...